Indian Railways – Some Facts and Figures
DO YOU KNOW TAHT?? : Indian Railways is the second largest railway network in whole world and the largest Asia, under one management .
- The Railways work up with more than 7,500 railway stations. It has a fleet of not less than 7800 locomotives, 40,000 coaches & 3,26,000 wagons. 9 pairs of Rajdhani and 13 pairs of Shatabdi Express.
- The total spread of track is more than 62,000 kms, which is approx 1/3rd of the distance of Moon from the Earth.
- Indian Railways runs around 11,000 trains everyday, of which 7,000 are passenger trains.
- Indian Railways daily carries more than 11 million passengers & 1 million tonnes of freight.
- Indian Railways’s Fastest Train is Bhopal-Shatabdi (runs at a speed up to 140 Km/ph)
- The first train on Indian sub-continent ran over a stretch of 21 miles from Bombay to Thane.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.